Friday, February 17, 2012

The habit of a lifetime

I've had papercraft avoidance for years, fearful that one day I'd wake up to stacks of paper filling my entire house, my husband long gone because he just couldn't handle it anymore, left alone with my many cats (Of course! This cautionary tale could not be complete without at least a mention of a cat!)

But...I've succumbed.  At the moment, it isn't a train wreck, just an innocent pile of random paper on the kitchen table that hasn't moved for a week, apart from being resifted, resorted, re-stacked. And re-stuck!

My first mini project was these fun-sized notebooks.  A vintage Butterick pattern and some die cuts covered these babies.  Sweet and especially useful when browsing for patterns in Spotlight, getting ready for a buy 1 get 1 half-price sale!



After that, I tried out some maps - I especially love the way these turned out.  I used hard cover journals, A5 and A6 to make a set. The maps are of Sicily and I just had to include the infamous town of Corleone on the larger journal.  I added some Jim Holtz idea-o-logy stickers too, just to finish


Lastly, I finally dared to cut up a dictionary for arts sake and covered another A6 sized journal.  I think I like this one the most - really simple, calm colours and who can resist a cameo, really?  Also, on the back, a cute pic and description of dominoes, as well as dorsal, doss-house and Doric definitions, among others.


Okay, so I'm not a crazy lady with 50 cats and piles of old newspapers just yet.  I think a bit of sewing and knitting to keep me on the straight and narrow, and I'll manage my new papercraft habit!

1 comment:

  1. di, those journals are awesome. i'd buy any of those in a heartbeat! and i love what you wrote as well!

    ReplyDelete