Wednesday, May 8, 2013

saturday crafternoon

what do you do when you have an only daughter who declares that she will never grow up to "sew and knit all the time like you do"? when you wish you had someone little to share all the fun of crafting with?
well, lucky me, i have some creative nieces who jump at the chance to have a crafternoon.



busy stitching


last weekend, Clarice joined me to make a softie from happy stitch, a cute book with projects for any skill level; in other words perfect for us. she chose to make the felt owl, and because i loved it too, i made one as well. can you have too many owls? i don't think so!


a proud little crafter


this project was easily achievable in an afternoon, and Clarice got to take it home to show her Mum who was as surprised as i was at her beautiful stitching and sophisticated colour choices.


my owl tried to escape


 a surprising outcome of our crafting was that my daughter actually put her iPod down for once to admit that she would like to make something with me next time. amazing what jealousy can achieve! as for me, i was energised enough to finish knitting my cowl. check out the pattern on Ravelry.


ta dah!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I'm convinced that Izzy will never share my love of making things either....but I have a few years still to change her mind ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Clarice has a lovely eye for colour - and is that a spot of cashmere I see? Good choice.

    ReplyDelete