Monday, January 7, 2013

back to normal-ish

"they were the best of times and they were the worst of times"

i always like it when the festive season is over and things start to quieten down a little. it's not that i'm a grinch or anything, i enjoy catching up with the people i love at this time of year and there's nothing i like more than giving them thoughtfully chosen or handmade presents. it's just that living in a tourist town, it's hard to handle the extra busyness that summer brings and i have to confess my tolerance level goes down a few notches (sorry).



we are family


so, on to a new year and fresh thoughts. all those days to be filled with crafty happenings, exciting possibilities and, (gulp) resolutions. this year i have planned a major resolution, in fact it's a revolution for me, although many other bloggers have successfully done it. this year its the year of restraint, a challenge of the utmost kind first carried out by the lovely dottie angel and then many others following her example.




make do and mend


as i'm a hoarder of the worst kind, i additionally pledge to avoid new fabric and yarn purchases, only allowing pre-loved or gifted items to increase my stash. i'm quite lucky that i can make most of my clothing, so it's a little easier for me, although the lack of quality clothing in my local op-shops is a bit of a hindrance. i'm looking forward to a reduction in the stash, an increase in the bank balance and best of all, a lovely "new" wardrobe made by me. what better impetus to sew could there be? 

wish me luck everyone, and if you see me skulking around the fabric shops, be sure to encourage me to go away empty handed, tears or no tears!



summer hideaway

No comments:

Post a Comment