Monday, April 2, 2012

i'm feeling blue

i've just finished a large sewing project for someone else which has been stopping me from dressmaking for myself for a while. with all the sudden weather changes its clear that i will be needing a whole new wardrobe for the cold season (yay!). i love the sort of clothes you can you wear in winter; woolly coats, boots, knitted jumpers and colourful tights are joy. today i did a bit of a wardrobe plan so that i will have things to mix and match together. my first item was a bright top to wear with plain dark pants.


tuck front tee


this pattern was from knipmode May 2010, style no 21 and it was made from some cotton blend jersey from my stash. the tuck detail is a nice tailored touch on a t-shirt and i love the rollup cuffs for autumn. the top is longer than i would normally wear, but i think it would sit well over the skinny pants that are in fashion this season.


closeup of tuck detail


the tucks take a bit of fiddling to get them to sit nicely and i gave up on trying to put buttonholes into the tabs when my machine tried to eat them. instead, i popped on some snaps with my handy pliers to add a sporty touch. voila! item one of my new wardrobe complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment