Tuesday, April 24, 2012

darkest denim

still in the sewing mode, my third wardrobe item had to be a good pair of jeans. i always make my own because they fit the way i like and because i think whiskers look best on cats, not jeans. when i find a heavier weight stretch denim, i usually buy lots and stash it for future use because it wears well and holds everything in comfortably! for these jeans i have used my last piece so the pattern had to be a good one.


perfect jeans


this photo doesn't do these jeans justice, but as 'betty' isn't bifurcated, she can't be my usual model. i used my favourite pants pattern from burda magazine February 2009, style #132; in my opinion burda is the best fit for pants for curvy women. they understand you have a bottom and hips!


contrast waistband facing


as usual i used a patchwork cotton for the inner waistbands, this one was a witty wild west theme, so obviously the name for my jeans presented itself as "the cowboy jean". i love these, they have a straight leg that matches with any top or dress shape, and the dark denim can be dressed up or down as required. now i just need to hunt for new denim to replenish my stash for future wardrobe plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment