Thursday, June 21, 2012

old favourite and a new talent

happy winter solstice to all lower hemisphere dwellers and i hope you can find a corner of cosiness today. i'm staying warm with my latest finished project, a long knit wrap jacket i've made a few times already and was so popular that Mum commissioned one and Manz also made one for herself. it's Burda Style magazine 12/2009 design #119 and each one i've seen looks different depending on the fabric. i used a wool blend boucle sweater knit from my stash (sweater knits are thin on the ground where i live, so hooray for a well fed stash!).


cosy boucle cardi


this lovely warm jacket will replace my old grey one which has been worn to death; i calculated that i must have worn it around 200 times since i made it two years ago! definitely an old favourite that needed replacing.

i would also like to take this opportunity to brag about one of my boys. i've shown his work on the blog before with this project, and he is also good at woodworking (possibly inherited from his grandad). he made this beautiful laminated bowl at school and being quite modest about his talent, was happy for me to have it.


levi's wooden bowl


i had no problems thinking about how to use it as i love all kinds of containers, baskets and bowls for all the stuff i collect. i have this on my bedside table as a receptacle for my ring collection to remind me to wear them more often.


a useful bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment