Thursday, March 29, 2012

thats my boy!

my kids are used to me always making something at all hours of the day and night. although i encourage them to join in, they don't like to sit for very long and lose interest pretty quickly. on the weekend i had left my sewing machine on the table while i did something else and came back to this...


a need for speed


i have taught him the basics of machine sewing and happily they also teach boys and girls in high school how to sew as well. he loves my machine because its computerised so, like most kids his age, its hard-wired into his brain how to use it. he told me what he wanted to make and with a little direction and some handsewing by his auntie he got this softie made.


ipod softie


being a boy means he loves adding a gross sense of humour to his work, but what i am most impressed by is how meticulous he was with adding detail. every button had to be added, the apple cut just so, without a pattern in sight.


where my toons at?

No comments:

Post a Comment